Final Cut license not updating

Final Cut license not updating (October 27, 2011 02:17AM) Jerry Sneede
I had a version of FCP installed on two computers (resulting in a protection error when trying to open both). I just installed a new version of FCP on one of the computers. I deleted the application before I did the new install, however, the new install is still showing the old license (and I know it's a new install because the version is back to 7.0). What do I do to get the new license to stick?

- Thanks
Re: Final Cut license not updating (October 27, 2011 04:39AM) Ken Stone Admin
"I just installed a new version of FCP on one of the computers." What version of FCP are you talking about?

What new "new license"? Have you purchased two separate licenses for FCP?

While you can have FCP legacy (1-7) installed on two different Macs, you can only run it on one Mac at a time. You can not have it running on two Macs at the same time.

--ken
Re: Final Cut license not updating (October 27, 2011 06:14AM) Jerry Sneede
Yes, I bought a new FCP software package, in the box, with new license.
Re: Final Cut license not updating (October 27, 2011 07:04AM) XGTV
Hi Jerry, you say you deleted the older version. If you did this at desktop level then all the components are not removed. I suspect that your problem has to do with your original license still sitting there.

Go to HD - Library (not your Home Library) - Application support - Pro Apps, you will see Final Cut Studio system ID. Drag that to the trash. Launch your new version of FCP and it will probably ask you to enter your serial number. After that you should be good to go.

Either way, I think that when it comes time to install a new version of FCS it is a good opportunity to do a ground up install, O.S. Apps and all. If you are running Leopard don't install the QT 7.7 Update, 7.6.9 at most, otherwise you will have to start all over again.

Best wishes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login