Re: Color Correction in FCPX - Is there a limiter function?

Color Correction in FCPX - Is there a limiter function? (January 31, 2012 04:28AM) MichaelPS
One of the legacy FCP tools that gets a heavy workout is the limiter function within the color corrector filter. I use it all the time to work with specific colors (Ken has a great article on the Pleasantville effect, but I use it mostly to draw attention to or away from specific items on the screen, and subtly changing the color of just one item. While I see the occasional use of the FCPX color correcting option of drawing a mask around an item and color grading what's within the boundaries of the mask, even the best mask gives you a sledgehammer approach when viewed at close range around the edges of the object you're grading, and you lose the effect when the object moves, and if you ned to work with more than one item that needs the same grading, it's a waste. But I can't find the good old limiter effect in FCPX. Is it somewhere else?
Re: Color Correction in FCPX - Is there a limiter function? (January 31, 2012 09:18AM) ronny courtens
Re: Color Correction in FCPX - Is there a limiter function? (January 31, 2012 12:09PM) MichaelPS
Ronny, thanks! This helps a lot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login