Re: 16mm. film filter for FCP X

16mm. film filter for FCP X (January 16, 2017 11:04AM) philsfilm
Does anyone know of a filter for FCP X that gives the look of 16mm. film projected: sprockets, frame lines, scratches,
jitter, etc.?
Re: 16mm. film filter for FCP X (January 16, 2017 12:27PM) Joe Redifer
Would love the same, but for 35mm as well. I have never in my life seen a filter have scratches look correct. They're always moving around and stuff. There needs to be an option for scratches that don't bob and weave and stay there 100% of the time. Also an option for base and emulsion scratches would be cool. Lines from tape splices would be nice (this would be a separate transition effect). Same with reel change cues. I don't think the people who create the filters really understand film.

Re: 16mm. film filter for FCP X (January 16, 2017 01:34PM) philsfilm
Yeah, they're probably millennials. LOL
I was a projectionist running two 35mm. Simplex projectors and had to deal with the 12 second changeover cues.
What I would really like is a filter that shows full aperture with sprocket holes. Lines from tape splices as in the old film
workprints would be nice, too.
Re: 16mm. film filter for FCP X (January 18, 2017 08:28PM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: 16mm. film filter for FCP X (January 18, 2017 11:42PM) philsfilm
That looks pretty good, Chris. "Aged Film" on FCP X does a good job, too.

Do you know what would be really great however?
A filter that recreates the look of a film frame being stuck in a projector gate and burning. I've seen
it a couple of times in Hollywood movies. The latest is LA LA LAND where the young couple is watching REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE in a movie theater.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login