Re: Unable to initialize video deck, or print to video.

Unable to initialize video deck, or print to video. (February 03, 2009 01:45PM) vidvicious
Hey everybody, I've got two problems that I'm sure are related:
1) FCP doesn't seem to be recognizing my deck when printing to video.

2) I keep getting the message "Unable to Initialize video deck" when I try to log and capture.
I'm using FCP 5 on a Dual 2GHz G5, 1.5 Gigs of Ram, MacOS 10.4.11 and am using a Canon ZR85 mini dv camcorders as my deck.

I've used two different Firewire cables, so I'm sure there's no fault there. I also tried using a different camera (Sony HDR-FX1 set to DV) and got the same results.

I've already trashed the FCP prefs, and the Quicktime Receipts, and am still getting the message.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Arvid

Re: Unable to initialize video deck, or print to video. (February 03, 2009 01:48PM) Ken Stone Admin
In Device controls, have you tried Firewire Basic with the Canon?

--ken
Re: Unable to initialize video deck, or print to video. (February 03, 2009 02:02PM) vidvicious
Yep, still getting the same message.
Re: Unable to initialize video deck, or print to video. (February 03, 2009 02:08PM) Ken Stone Admin
Have you (can you) tried using the camera that shot the video?

--ken
Re: Unable to initialize video deck, or print to video. (February 03, 2009 02:15PM) vidvicious
Yes it's the same camera that shot the video.

Re: Unable to initialize video deck, or print to video. (February 03, 2009 02:48PM) phansen
God Forbid, but how about USB?
And the obvious of restarting Final Cut "After" plugging in devices and "after" turning all devices on first.
Any chance you recently edited in HD? Try easy set up - NTSC - Firewire Basic - Then New Project- to re set.
Just rehashing the obvious, or not so obvious depending on your experience level.
PH
Re: Unable to initialize video deck, or print to video. (February 03, 2009 09:57PM) dmatkuk
PH is right. Quit FCP, then switch your camera on, re-start final cut, choose your easy set-up.

USB won't work.

If it's a Canon then Firewire Basic is the way to go, also are you capturing onto Firewire drives? Some Canons have been known to overwrite the firewire signal of your hard drive so this could cause problems.

Dan.
Re: Unable to initialize video deck, or print to video. (February 04, 2009 04:09AM) vidvicious
Thanks guys, Restarting FCP and easy setup worked perfectly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login