Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!!

The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 03:58AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 04:02AM) rpestes
I wonder why there is no upgrade to DVD Studio 4. Hmmm, makes me wonder. Ken is there a way to get a list of what is new without going through the manual?
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 04:44AM) Graeme Herwig
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 06:49AM) steve douglas
No one wins the poll...nor the cookies....boy were we all off the release guess.
Steve
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 10:59AM) peter rooney
Rushed all round this page looking for Bluray authoring. Shocked that I couldn't find any reference to DVDSP offering Bluray.
Curious to find that apple have bundled Bluray authoring and burning directly from within Compressor??? very curious, why ignore DVDSP for this upgrade and tack it on to Comprerssor.
this week I've also been digging around in Encore 4 and I'm shocked at how much I like it. I'd spent a lot of time stumbling around the buggiest Encore 3 version, sidestepping the litany of problems, compatibility issues etc and abandoned it as not worth the pain. they must have completely re-written encore 4, it feels like im in DVDSP and Photoshop at the same time. It's so slick, tidy, workable. It dovetails so intimately with photoshop I feel completely at home. better still it has a fantastic option for exporting directly to Flash. i've been using Flash now for app 3 years and have been hugely impressed with it so to find an instant export to Flash from within Encore is like hitting the jackpot. build a DVD project, burn it to disc and then export the same thing to Flash and you have a minute Flash file of your entire project with the same navigation as the disc. Having used Flash so much I can tell you this is for me a huge bonus.
Peter
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 11:06AM) Ken Stone Admin
And so, who is going to be the first to try Blu-ray in FCP 7?

--ken
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 11:14AM) Graeme Herwig
Ken,
not trying to be in a race ! but Ill be trying it out tomorrow at some point- if the box arrives.

from the videos ive seen-on the apple site it looks like a very simple menu option/ splash screen that you can add some of your own still graphics to. not certain you can add more than one video file to it.

Graeme
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 11:28AM) Ken Stone Admin
Graeme,

Let us know how it goes for you.

--ken
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 11:56AM) Graeme Herwig
Ken
id be happy to, ill also look out to see what the install does to livetype too.
Graeme
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 11:20AM) peter rooney
Well here's one bloke who won't be trying to make Bluray out of Compressor. I've had too much trouble with Compressor in all its versions to hope for a troublefree process. Besides, so far I'm completey sold on Encore 4 and Compressor couldn't temp me.
'cannot connect to background process'
:-)
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 11:27AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Peter,

I understand completely.

--ken
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 03:38AM) rista
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 11:16AM) steve douglas
Ken, time for you to get a blue ray burner and teach us all the ins and outs of it. Anyone have an extra blue ray burner they want to give away? ;-)
Notice that Live Type has been dropped from the Suite? Never used it much anyway but wonder if when the new studio is installed, whether it will automatically dump Live Type as it steps on the other apps.
Steve

Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 23, 2009 11:27AM) Ken Stone Admin
Steve,

You buy the burner, I'll write the article.

--ken
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 04:04AM) Kevin Monahan
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 04:43AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Kevin,

But how well does it work? In real world terms.

--ken
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 04:59AM) Graeme Herwig
well UPS has delivered- about to install wish me luck!
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 05:06AM) Ken Stone Admin
Boy that was fast.

We're all waiting for your report.

--ken
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 05:20AM) Graeme Herwig
I won't do a running commentary- as i'm going to cook some food while it installs - 6pm here in the UK.

7 discs and 15 min's into install so far- assume it might not need every disk as FCS2 already installed
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 05:40AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Graeme,

Are you saying that the FCP 7 update has 7 disks?

Yikes.

--ken
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 06:14AM) Graeme Herwig
ha ha- no the Studio update has 7 discs in total inc. content- think thats inline with FCS2

Am installing to a cloned OS on an external FW800 HD- am currently on 'disk 3 - audio content for soundtrack pro'
progress bar is indicating another 5hrs- although it was indicating 9hrs - twenty mins ago.- a bit like waiting at an airport in reverse!

no big paper manuals- at least not with the upgrade.
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 06:19AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Graeme,

Thanks,

--ken
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 07:01AM) ronny courtens
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 07:10AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Ronny,

Thanks for the run down. A good read for sure.

--ken
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 08:11AM) Graeme Herwig
Thanks Ronny
a good read- good to know about livetype

-nearly there Ken- 30 (apple)min's left

Graeme
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 08:21AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 08:32AM) Graeme Herwig
the thing about apple minutes are that they are well designed and nice to look at + backward compatible
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! -> My new iPhone app (not yet approved) (July 24, 2009 08:40AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! -> My new iPhone app (not yet approved) (July 24, 2009 09:30AM) Graeme Herwig
interesting plugin! was expecting a a video footage calculator! will Michelle ever be 64bit?

You will be over joyed to hear that your 'repair collection' filter set loaded without problem onto FCP7 ( but assume you already knew it would!)
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! -> My new iPhone app (not yet approved) (July 24, 2009 09:45AM) Christoph Vonrhein
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 04:43PM) rista
ronny "Sharing FCP sequences to Blu-Ray is as easy as burning a standard DVD in iDVD (even easier). And let me reassure you Mio: it is simple, but it works. I think must of us only need BR for simple things like customer approval discs, and for this kind of jobs this new feature is perfect. (we even don't send discs for this anymore, everythig goes live and fast through the server)."

What about "Burn", is that done with Compressor (on an external Blue Ray burner I suppose, again which one is compatible?),
or is it done through Toast or via Finder...

BTW, thanks for the round up, I'd wish nothing more than this to be the true and finally to have an elegant solution.
I was really getting enough of my competitors (mainly PC crowd) offering Blue Ray option "... Blue Ray... easy mate...".
I was first to offer a Video CD on an iMac 10 years ago, then we've had a DVD on a Mac first... now, we are legging behind,
far behind. I hope all this works.

Mio
Re: The new Final Cut Studio (3) is here!!! (July 24, 2009 05:05PM) rista
Kevin, what happens after Export?
Where do we Burn, in Compressor, Toast, or in Finder maybe...?

Mio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login