Re: Converting MP4 to QT Movie file

Converting MP4 to QT Movie file (May 18, 2012 10:49PM) Flashe
Hi Ken,

How are you? How's your weekend going?

I need to convert an 8-second animation MP4 into a .MOV file, please.

I've imported the MP4 into MPEG Streamclip and it plays perfectly. However, when I export to QT and use the default settings (Apple Motion JPEG A), an error message appears "can't prepare the movie". I also tried using Apple ProRes and got the same result. I'd appreciate your advice on how to resolve this.

Also, when the conversion is complete, I'll be editing the .MOV file into the interview I mentioned in previous posts. Shot on 2 cameras, both 1920 x 1080, one progressive, one interlaced. I'll be outputting using H.264. Will the animation work with this footage when converted, please?

Many thanks,
Fiona.
Re: Converting MP4 to QT Movie file (May 19, 2012 06:05AM) David Harbsmeier
Re: Converting MP4 to QT Movie file (May 24, 2012 08:21AM) Flashe
Hi David and David,

Many thanks for your help. I didn't quite manage to find a solution to the problem in Streamclip but a friend converted it in Camtasia for me.

I'll go back and experiment with Streamclip in the near future.

Once again, thanks for your input.

Best wishes,
Fiona.
Re: Converting MP4 to QT Movie file (May 19, 2012 08:41AM) David
DH, I just converted over 50 MP4s to .MOVs using MPEG Streamclip. Their settings were 1280x720, where my setting was 720x480. They converted and played fine, but took hours to render. See my post dated May 16, "Converting mp4 to mov." Only one caveat - where I state "1. From FCP, export QT movie..." - it should have said "From MPstreamclip..."

Long story just to say that the mp4s don't have to match your current settings.

Flashe, try changing some other export settings in MPStreamclip.

DD
Re: Converting MP4 to QT Movie file (May 24, 2012 08:22AM) Flashe
Hi DD,

Please see my reply above your post. Sorry - I published it in the wrong place in the thread.

Cheers. F
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login