How can i make dvd which other can't copy i

How can i make dvd which other can't copy i (December 05, 2008 04:33AM) buddha eyes
Hi! Ken and all Gurus,

I see lots of dvds which we can't copy from the machine. How can i make it, Is it possible in dvd studio pro or other software.Please need your advise, help and guidance.

Advance thank you and respect your wisdom.

Buddha eyes
Re: How can i make dvd which other can't copy i (December 05, 2008 05:18AM) David Harbsmeier
>>How can i make dvd which other can't copy<<

You can't. Burned DVD can't be copy protected. Replicated DVDs can have Macrovision or CSS copy protection added by the replication facility at an added cost per disc ... but even with that, any third grader with half a brain can defeat the copy protection.

-DH
Re: How can i make dvd which other can't copy i (December 05, 2008 07:19AM) mcmillyonaire
In dvd studio pro you can add copyprotection. If I remember correctly it is in the "disc" tab where you add your disc name etc. The copy protection is one of the tabs beneath disc (i'm pretty sure). There you will find macrovision 1, 2 and 3, and CSS. If you can't find it I will go in and check and give you more specific instructions.
Re: How can i make dvd which other can't copy i (December 05, 2008 07:40AM) Tom Stitzer
Re: How can i make dvd which other can't copy i (December 05, 2008 04:10PM) David Harbsmeier
mcmillyonaire Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In dvd studio pro you can add copyprotection. If I
> remember correctly it is in the "disc" tab where
> you add your disc name etc. The copy protection is
> one of the tabs beneath disc (i'm pretty sure).
> There you will find macrovision 1, 2 and 3, and
> CSS. If you can't find it I will go in and check
> and give you more specific instructions.

Sorry, but your information is incorrect. The settings for copy protection in DVD-SP merely sets flags for the replicator to know to include the copy protection. There is no way in DVD-SP or Toast to add copy protection to a burned disc.

-DH
Re: How can i make dvd which other can't copy i (December 05, 2008 03:37PM) spaceman3
is there a way to do this in toast as well?
Re: How can i make dvd which other can't copy i (December 05, 2008 09:47PM) Alexander
No.

Cheers
Alexander
Re: How can i make dvd which other can't copy i (December 07, 2008 08:12AM) mcmillyonaire
hmm.. thats odd. I just had a class on dvd studo pro and thats what we were taught.
Re: How can i make dvd which other can't copy i (December 07, 2008 08:31AM) Ken Stone Admin
David is correct.

"Sorry, but your information is incorrect. The settings for copy protection in DVD-SP merely sets flags for the replicator to know to include the copy protection. There is no way in DVD-SP or Toast to add copy protection to a burned disc."

--ken
Re: How can i make dvd which other can't copy i (December 10, 2008 02:24AM) Mikey
You could always try a rather slimy trick a client of mine once had me do. It was for VHS tape, but could be applied to a DVD.

Start your disc with a slate that says something like: "(Company Name) cannot be held responsible for damage done to equipment resulting from attempting to copy this DVD" If I remember correctly, we even made up a phony COPYGARD or some such nonsense logo. Kind of slimy, yet kind of innovative.

The idea was to scare them from copying.

It was long ago.

Mikey
Re: How can i make dvd which other can't copy i (December 10, 2008 04:47AM) Ken Stone Admin
Hi Mikey,

I'm wondering if this still works.

One thing that can be done would be to put a small company logo in the lower part of the video that would be displayed throughtout the video

--ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login